Date: Apr 2019
See an Expert in Children’s Dermatology
What You Can Do
- Talk to Your Child
- Be Sensitive
- Take Steps to Prevent Scratching
- Gloves or mittens to prevent nails from damaging the skin, especially while sleeping
- Clothes that cover the affected areas can help, as long as they are breathable and don’t cause more irritation
- Distractions or treats can help children to forget the itchiness
- Adding salt, baking soda or oatmeal to bathwater can help to relieve itching
- An ice pack wrapped in a towel can soothe itchy areas
Did you know?
Most moles are not a cause for concern and present a purely cosmetic problem. However, moles can occasionally undergo changes that lead to them becoming cancerous.
Acne is a common condition characterised by blackheads, whiteheads and cysts. It affects the greasy and hair-bearing areas such as the face, chest and back.