– SkinPen Precision.
We are delighted to announce the launch of SkinPen at The Harley Street Dermatology Clinic. Microneedling is the use of tiny needles to penetrate through the skin to induce a wound healing reaction. This results in hundreds of microchannels created in the skin which increases the delivery of the specialist product and stimulates the production of new collagen and elastin fibres. This increased production of natural fibres within the skin means the treatment works very well at treating scars such as post acne scarring, stretch marks as well as fine lines and wrinkles, and smoother, firmer, more toned skin.
Microneedling is mostly used on the face and may treat various scars, wrinkles, and large pores, but also could be used on the neck, decollete, and scalp.
A series of treatments is usually recommended 4-6 weeks apart, although 1-2 sessions works well as a general skin refreshment. It is suitable for all skin types.
This treatment is led by our team of highly qualified dermatology specialist nurses and physicians assistant with many years of cumulative experience in providing treatment to skin patients.
- Pain free (due to topical anaesthetic use pre treatment) treatment with little downtime
- Increased collagen production, for natural skin rejuvenation
- Effectively repairs scars. Acne scars, pock marks and stretch marks are eliminated. Instant results, that actually improve over time
- Reduces discolouration
- Renews tired looking skin. Lines and wrinkles are reduced
- Instant results, that actually improve over time
The SkinPen advantage vs Derma Roller skin needling:
SkinPen has revolutionised micro skin needling, making it easier, safer and less painful to get maximum results by using skin precision – produces significantly more microchannels with one pass (98,000 channels per minute).
Procedure about 90 min:
- Patient evaluation
- Face cleansing
- Numbing for 30min
- Microneedling (duration depends on indication for the procedure from 15 to 45 min)
- Post procedure patient self evaluation and home care instructions
- Skin rejuvenation – 4-6 treatments are required at an interval of 4-6 weeks apart
- Skin refresh 1-2 treatments at an interval of 4-6 weeks apart
- Acne scars – 6 treatments are required at an interval of 6 weeks apart
- Pigmentation – 4-6 treatments given monthly
- Stretch marks – up to 10 treatments are recurred at an interval of 4-6 weeks apart
Did you know?
Most moles are not a cause for concern and present a purely cosmetic problem. However, moles can occasionally undergo changes that lead to them becoming cancerous.
Acne is a common condition characterised by blackheads, whiteheads and cysts. It affects the greasy and hair-bearing areas such as the face, chest and back.