If you are making bad choices about your skin care products or using them in the wrong way, then you might be doing more harm than good to your skin. Read on for some skin care tips and advice to help you to improve your routine.
Skin Care Mistakes to Avoid
Here are some of the common skin care mistakes that could be damaging your skin:
- Not including sun protection in your daily skincare routine. You should use a moisturiser with an SPF of at least 15 every day in order to prevent gradual sun damage. Top this up with sunscreen that has an SPF or at least 30 in the summer months.
- Skipping the moisturiser. Everyone should moisturise at least once a day to keep skin protected and hydrated. It is especially important if you have dry skin or a condition like eczema, but using a non-comedogenic moisturiser is still important if you have greasy or spot-prone skin.
- Exfoliating too much. Exfoliating once or twice a week can help to keep your skin smooth and healthy-looking. It can also help with dry skin and acne. However, these products shouldn’t be used too often as it can damage your skin and strip it of protective oils.
- Using abrasive or damaging products. Certain kinds of skincare products can cause problems, especially if you have sensitive skin or if they contain ingredients that can make your skin more vulnerable to sun damage. Although these products can work for some people, they aren’t suitable for many of us.
- Choosing the wrong toiletries for your skin. Skin care products are often designed for certain skin types. You should ensure that you match your choices to your skin, whether it is dry, oily, spot prone, or sensitive.
- Using too many products. Combining lots of different products on your skin can be counterproductive. It is better to be selective and find the best skin care products for you.