Skin Cancer Screening and Mole Checks in London.
Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the UK.
For a lot of patients, skin cancer is caused by UV light damaging your skin cells (either from the sun or artificial sources like tanning beds). Get your skin examined to give you peace of mind and detect any issues early.
Our team of dedicated skin cancer specialists can provide you with the reassurance of a correct diagnosis.
If you do have a suspected skin cancer, a fast and proactive approach often leads to less treatment required and better outcomes.
At the Harley Street Dermatology Clinic, we offer three types of skin cancer screening and mole checks:
SINGLE MOLE CHECK
For two moles, the price is £79 and for three or more, we recommend a Full Body Check with one of our consultant dermatologists.
Individual mole scanned with a dermascope by a specialist nurse
- Sent to one of our expert consultant dermatologists for review
- Digital report on your mole and a member of the team will contact you if further investigation is needed
Please note, for the single mole check we cannot scan any moles or pigmented lesions:
- Located in an intimate area of the body (e.g. genitals, areas of the breasts covered by a bra)
- On the eyelid or the tip of an ear
- Covered by an excessive amount of hair
- That are wet, open or bleeding
- That are on a tattoo
FULL BODY MOLE CHECK
A full review of your moles and lesions by a consultant dermatologist. Should any require removal, your dermatologist can arrange this in the clinic.
Full body mole check by a consultant dermatologist.
Our dermatologists are:
- Highly qualified, hospital-based consultants who all are members of the British Association of Dermatologists, the Royal Society of Medicine, the General Medical Council and the Royal College of Physicians.
- They hold a Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in Dermatology
- Are recognised by and registered with all major health insurance providers.
A review by a consultant dermatologist, followed by a full mole mapping by the Fotofinder system, for peace of mind and to keep a record of your existing moles.
Review by consultant dermatologist and full body mole map with Fotofinder mapping tool.
By using a mole mapping tool, we can:
- Review by highly-qualified dermatologist, each has Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training in Dermatology, and is recognised by and registered with all major health insurance providers.
- Full body mole map
- Dermoscopy of moles and lesions of concern
- Digital record of your moles for future reference
- Quick annual review to check for changes
For all appointments, if your mole or lesion requires further investigations, we may need to excise (remove) all or part of it to be assessed for cancer. Your specialist can advise during your appointment.
Call our team today, or book online.
Did you know?
Most moles are not a cause for concern and present a purely cosmetic problem. However, moles can occasionally undergo changes that lead to them becoming cancerous.
Acne is a common condition characterised by blackheads, whiteheads and cysts. It affects the greasy and hair-bearing areas such as the face, chest and back.