Date: May 2018
What is Heat Rash?
- A rash of small red spots, usually in an area that was particularly warm such as under your clothes
- Itchiness or a prickling feeling
- Slight swelling
- Symptoms may start in a small area and then spread further
Tips for Preventing Prickly Heat
- Wear loose cotton clothing and use lightweight bedding
- Stay hydrated
- Keep cool by staying in the shade
- Cool down with a bath or shower
- Protect yourself from the sun by covering up and using sunscreen (UVA protection can help prevent heat rash)
- Use toiletries designed for sensitive skin to avoid further irritation
Did you know?
Most moles are not a cause for concern and present a purely cosmetic problem. However, moles can occasionally undergo changes that lead to them becoming cancerous.
Acne is a common condition characterised by blackheads, whiteheads and cysts. It affects the greasy and hair-bearing areas such as the face, chest and back.