Harley Street Dermatology
Dr. Meena Arunachalam is a substantive NHS consultant dermatologist at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead. She is internationally trained in the USA, UK (Oxford), Italy (Florence), and France. As a result, she is double-board certified in both the EU and the UK. She has presented her research on vitiligo internationally at both the American Academy of Dermatology Resident’s Symposium and at the European Pigment Cell Conference. Whilst in the UK, she has worked as a consultant in key London teaching hospitals including the Royal London and UCLH. She consults on all areas of general dermatology and venerology in adults, including acne, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, mole checks, skin cancer, and hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating).
Her special interests include dermoscopy, (which allows for the early detection of skin cancer), and was part of the UK team which ranked 2nd out of 51 countries in the recent world dermoscopy bowl. Her other interests include medical dermatology, vitiligo, mycology, and skin surgery. Lastly, she has published more than 50 articles with an impact factor of above 100.
Wednesday 3pm - 6pm
1. Vandormael I, Gkini MA, Arunachalam M. A large nodule on the scalp of an Indian female. Eur J Dermatol. 2019;29:110.
2. Colucci R, Benvenga S. Dragoni F, Arunachalam M et al. High prevalence of circulating autoantibodies against thyroid hormones in vitiligo and correlation with clinical and historical parameters of patients. Br J Dermatol 2014;171:786-98.
3. Arunachalam M, Dragoni F, Colucci R, Berti S, Crocetti E, Galeone M, Conti R, Moretti S. Non-segmental Vitiligo and Psoriasis Comorbidity - a case control study in Italian patients. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 2014;28:433-7
4. Scarfi F, Arunachalam M. Lithium acne. CMAJ 2013;185:1525
5. Arunachalam M, Bassi A, Lara T, Galeone M, Scarfi F, Franchi A, Difonzo E. Metastatic vulvar carcinoma. J Am Acad Dermatol 2012;67:e205-6.
6. Bruscino N, Arunachalam M, Galeone M, Scarfi F, Maio V, Difonzo EM. Lip swelling as initial manifestation of Crohn's disease. Arch Dis Child 2012; 97: 647.
7. Arunachalam M, Bruscino N, Bassi A, Difonzo E. Type A and B Pigmentary Demarcation Lines in a white, pregnant woman- a rare observation ? Eur J Dermatol 2011;21:787-8.