We understand many of you will have concerns about the current outbreak of Covid19 and we would like to share with you the new measures we have put in place to protect our patients, staff and the public at this time. We will continue to treat patients but have updated our processes to follow Government advice.
From today, Tuesday 24th March 2020, following the strict social distancing advice issued by the Government, we will be introducing video consultations for all non-essential care in all of our clinics. We will continue to provide face to face treatments where our Consultants consider the need to be clinically essential.
Essential care is defined as immediate, life-saving treatment, or for those patients whose prognosis or quality of life would change significantly if they waited for more than two to three months to be treated (including those on any part of a cancer pathway, with painful benign lesions or bleeding lesions). You will be advised by your Consultant if your care is essential.
All our consultations will now be held virtually, through Zoom video conferencing. If you require an appointment with one of our consultant dermatologists, please call us on 020 3944 5728 and a virtual consultation will be arranged for you and more information provided. If you believe you require essential treatment and therefore need to visit one of our clinics, please let us know and we will review this on a case by case basis with the clinical director.
If during your virtual consultation it is recommended that you need to come to a clinic for a face to face consultation and you are able to do so, an appointment will be arranged for you. If your consultant decides this is necessary you will not be charged an additional fee, if a procedure, medicine or tests are required then they will be charged as normal.
If your treatment is categorised as non-essential, we will be in contact when our clinics are able to take these appointments again to schedule your booking.
All our clinics o maintain the highest standards of hygiene and infection control and we have taken additional steps to reduce the risks:
Any staff who are feeling unwell or showing symptoms will not to come to work
- Patients who feel unwell or are displaying symptoms are advised not to attend their appointment, to consider self-isolation and visit NHS online if they need advice https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- All patients will be asked to use our antiseptic handwash when they arrive at reception and we will check their temperature
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning door handles and other shared surfaces using a powerful antiseptic several times a day
- The building management are arranging routine deep viral cleans of the building
- We are asking all patients and staff, as far as is possible, to run to time. We aim to limit each waiting area to one person to minimise contact as much as possible
- Patients who require a repeat of their prescriptions or products can contact us by phone and we will arrange delivery
If you have any concerns or questions on how these new measures impact your appointment, please give us a call or email us. To find out more information about our virtual consultations, please click here.
We thank you for your understanding during this difficult time and when the time is right, we look forward to welcoming you back to our clinics.
The Harley Street Dermatology Clinic