ANTI-AGEING INJECTIONS in London.
Anti-wrinkle injections are one of the most popular aesthetic treatments in the UK for both men and women. They are used as an anti-ageing treatments to reduce dynamic wrinkles such as frown lines, forehead lines and crows feet, but can also be used to treat excessive sweating and migraines and tension headaches. These injections works to relax the muscles by preventing the nerve signals from reaching the muscles. There have been many clinical trials confirming the effectiveness and safety of anti-wrinkle injections however it should only be administered by a trained medical professional in a Care Quality Commission approved facility, such as the Harley Street Dermatology Clinic.
REQUEST A CALL BACK
Arrange a consultation with one of our expert dermatologists today.
HOW DO ANTI-AGEING INJECTIONS WORK?
Unlike dermal fillers which work by filling lines to enhance facial features, anti-ageing injectables work by relaxing muscles in the face to smooth out lines and wrinkles, resulting in more youthful and rejuvenated skin. The most common areas to have these injections are around the eyes to tackle crows feet, on the forehead to reduce frown lines, and around the mouth to diminish marionette lines.
During your anti-wrinkle treatment at the Harley Street Dermatology Clinic, a very fine needle will be used to inject the muscles of the desired area of the face. The treatment does not require recovery time so you can continue with your normal routine following your appointment. You may see slight redness, bruising and swelling following treatment but this will settle down in a few days. You should start to see some changes after a couple of days but it will take around 2-3 weeks to see the full effect, with results lasting between 3-5 months. As these injections are not permanent, the treatment will need to be repeated for the desired results to be maintained.
If administered correctly, anti-wrinkle injections don’t remove all facial expressions as sometimes depicted in the media. Our experienced team have been highly trained to fine tune the placement of the injections to give you a natural expression rather than a frozen look. The injections allow the precise and selective reduction in certain muscle movements, so the lines and wrinkles in these treated areas gradually soften resulting in a younger, fresher looking skin with fewer lines and wrinkles.
WHERE CAN ANTI-AGEING INJECTIONS BE USED?
In the upper face, anti-wrinkle injections are used to treat:
- Crow’s feet lines appear at the side of the eyes and are the result of squinting and smiling.
- Forehead lines are usually only visible in younger people when frowning, but as we age they become more visible.
- Frown lines are between the brows running vertically (the lines you get when you frown heavily). Patients often say that strong lines in this area make them look cross even when they are not. Injections for both male and female patients helps to soften the look of the face.
- Bunny lines are the lines that look like creases across the bridge of the nose between the eyebrows. They are the lines that appear when you wrinkle your nose like a bunny. As the skin ages, these lines fail to spring back and can give a more aged appearance.
In the lower face, anti-wrinkle injections are used to treat:
- Gummy smile: When some people smile, they may find that too much of their gum is visible, this is more common on the top palate. The technical name for this is excessive gingival display. A number of methods are available to correct this. Today, the most common treatment used to weaken and soften the muscles in the area to stop them pulling the lip upwards.
- Chin: If the chin is set back (receded), the shape of the face often looks distorted. The treatment can help to relax the muscles that pull the chin back. This softens the profile and creates a softer, more naturally relaxed look. As a natural part of the ageing process, the skin on the lower face begins to droop due to its loss of elasticity and gravity pulling it downwards.
- Jawline: Muscle relaxing injections to the jawline and into the Platysma below the jaw muscles helps to reduce the sagging and drooping of the jawline.
- Marionette lines are lines that protrude downwards from the lip. A combination of toxin and dermal fillers can treat this. The toxin will relax the muscles causing the downward pull to help the skin spring back up.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Most patients find the treatment very tolerable and virtually painless. Tiny needles are used to inject into the muscles, so only pin pricks may be felt. For those not so good with needles, local anaesthetic cream can be used beforehand, but this needs to be applied for at least 30 minutes for the numbing effect to occur. Following the treatment, there may be a little redness or bruising at the site of injections, which usually settles within 24-48 hours.
You shouldn’t have anti-wrinkle injections if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a neurological disease. Botox doesn’t work for all wrinkles so it is vital you have a consultation with an experienced therapist to assess your skin and the discuss the results you are after.
Anti-ageing treatments offered at the Harley Street Dermatology Clinic are carried out by a highly qualified and experienced practitioner. During your consultation, we will discuss your motivations for wanting the treatment and your expectations of the results. The Harley Street Dermatology Clinic is a safe, medical environment which is regulated by the Care Quality Commission.
WHY CHOOSE THE HARLEY STREET DERMATOLGY CLINIC?
Having the right dermatologist is important especially when you have a chronic skin condition that will require ongoing treatment. We want you to feel confident that we’re providing you with the best possible care. We also want you to feel as comfortable as possible with your dermatologist.
The Harley Street Dermatology Clinic specialises in conditions affecting the skin, hair and nails. Our goal is to provide all the care that you need when you’re experiencing these kinds of problems. We want to make it easy for you to access the best quality treatment and support in London.
The clinic is conveniently located in Central London, so it’s easy to visit us if you need to see a dermatologist. You will find yourself in a very comfortable and welcoming environment. We have created a relaxing space where you will receive the highest quality of care. We are regulated by the Care Quality Commission, are part of the British Association of Dermatologists and are top rated by patients of Doctify so you can be sure of safe and effective treatment with us.
The Harley Street Dermatology Clinic
35 Devonshire Place
The clinic can be accessed by public transport, on foot or by car. There is paid on street parking around the Harley Street district. The nearest tube stations are Regent’s Park and Baker Street, and Marylebone train station is a 15 minute walk away.
While appointments can be made available outside usual hours in special circumstances, our core hours are:
Monday: 8am - 6pm
Tuesday: 8am - 6pm
Wednesday: 8am - 6pm
Thursday: 8am - 6pm
Friday: 8am - 6pm
Saturday : 10am - 2pm
REQUEST A CALL BACK
Please fill in this form and one of our team will give you a call back to arrange a consultation with one of our expert dermatologists.